Friday 9 June 2017

Up cycling is just the best

What are your thoughts on recycling and up cycling?
Aren't they just the same thing, using things that have been used before?
Whether you put your cardboard and paper things in the box for the bin men to collect or get a bike off eBay that was 'pre loved', isn't it all the same?

Well I've learnt a huge lesson this week about up cycling or recycling or revamping or any other title you want to give it. It's all about your vision.

Our vision is to create lovely outdoor classroom areas for the children and teachers to enjoy. When I was offered old garden furniture, although I instantly said "yes please" I did wonder what we could do with them! So off I went and collected old wooden chairs and a metal chair and table set.
Once back at school we put the table and three of the chairs in what seemed the most obvious place - under the trees. Looked quite sweet and would make a lovely little reading den, but something didn't sit quite right with me, it looked a little...... Sad.





But after a good rummage around in the shed I was rather pleased with their transformation.
What do you think?




So I've discovered the joy of up cycling. The table needs to be covered as well. Think it's fair to say that it's created a lovely little area for the children to go and read.

Big thank you a go out to Nicola's mum for passing onto us her garden furniture.

Think it's fair to say, we are looking forward to our next up cycling challenge - watch this space!

Can't wait for our next project 👏🏻😄

No comments:

Post a Comment